The thunk is the box.

Saturday, November 2


"The thunk, I admit it, will make me smile. A rare thing lately. Lately I've been like Aimeé Randelé in The Sky Cries Too, a movie, French, you havent seen. She plays an assasin and dress designer, and she only smiles twice in the whole film. Once is when the kingpin who killed her father gets thrown off the building, which is not the time I'm thinking of. It's the time at the end, when she finally has the envelope with the photographs and burns it unopened in the gorgeous ashtray and she knows it's over and lights a cigarette and stands in that perfect green of dress watching the blackbirds swarm and flurry around the church spire. I can see it. The world is right again, is the smile. I loved you and now here's back your stuff, out of my life like you belong, is the smile. I know you cant see it, not you, Ed, but, maybe if I tell you the whole plot you'll understand it this once, because even now I want you to see it. I dont love you anymore, of course I dont, but still there's something I can show you. You know I want to be a director, but you could never truly see the movies in my head and that, Ed, is why we broke up."

.