Faith (신의)

Wednesday, October 24



YOU KNOW WHICH DRAMA FUCKS WITH YOUR FEELINGS? FAITH. F-ING FAITH. WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON. I have way too much to get off my chest! First of all writers!!! CAN’T YOU JUST GIVE ME AN EPISODE THAT DOES NOT SCREW WITH ME MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY?

I guess I got back my love for period dramas, and I mean those serious ones instead of tvb funny anyhow types. Never thought a mainland period drama can be so good after watching Faith (신의). I'm sorry, I guess I never wrote anything sort of dramas or movies recap in this blog but oh well didn't I told you guys that I've become weirder these days. I'm not a fan of historical-based drama, I'm just ugh no Korean historical drama is just too heavy for me to take. I'm not either a fan of time travel genre because you know (time-travel story is a mindf) plus I found myself stupid to watch and believe such thing as fantasy so I'll end up laughing at myself at the end of the day.

The other day, I suddenly felt the urge to watch a drama. A Korean drama. Nothing particular, just a random one. I haven’t had the urge since Love Rain, so it’s been a while. I watched one not too long ago, but the shrieking and whining female leads totally bummed me out… I had to almost force myself towards the end of it. Anyways, I just went to a site and picked a random one. It could have something to do with the picture at the front of the link-- Lee Min-Ho. But now… I’m only on episode 10 of Faith (at time I wrote this and end up saving it as a draft)… but oh. my. god. Lee Min-Ho just hit me right in my heart. This drama. The people. The acting. The music. The story-line. Everything. When the instrumentals come on during an epic scene, my feels.

And Lee Min-Ho/Choi Young comes storming into my heart the scene, whether it’s being all kicking down doors, or doing some martial artsy stuff, looking adorable or simply tying up his hair-- that was beautiful. I've never been an avid fan of guys with long hair… but Lee Min-Ho pulls it off. Back then, I used to have real issues with Lee Min Ho. His character in Boys Over Flowers, triggered me in some bad ways (so bad I couldn't even finish the drama.) I couldn't get over it. Even though, I know, it wasn't necessarily Min Ho’s fault. Until Faith. It took me a few episodes to be able to look at his angry face without cringing but now I love him. I’ll never be able to watch BOF but I think I can finally appreciate Min Ho.

But the fact that I thought this drama have complete their airing time on SBS which they've not yet so ah, it put me in such a depressing state. And that is the reason why I can't hold myself to wait for the sub version and end up watching the live streaming and regretting what I just did-- "I shouldn’t have watch the live streaming for this episode of Faith. WHY CAN’T I UNDERSTAND KOREAN. AH SHIT." So I just need to wait until this end of month to watch for the last episode but still I need to wait. So it's just left with two episodes more to go so I'm just hoping they just can let good people have a better ending. And no-- just no more people I love in this movie end up dying. Please no, I think its enough for me to hold on to a box of tissues for two nights because of Doctor Jang died and the rest of the Woodalchi soldiers got killed by the pledged siblings. And Kim Hee Sun as Eun Soo omg she is so cute in her Woodalchi outfit. She’s all like, “Look I even got my own sword!” And I’m just like awww.


  


Well then, this has been a long post. But I recommend people to watch it… at least if you love Lee Min-Ho. That man and his acting and good looks.