To @mymain_b,

Tuesday, September 8




I tried not to write anything that could (possibly) gets cheesy but you know, it’s just me. And then in a split second this could turn into something very emotional you might need to spare a few boxes of tissue. It’s your 22nd birthday today, Lily. Just when you thought you’re not going to have to read a long entry from me, here one ready for you. You, you are of the best kind of people, one who comes into poeple’s life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people. And I’m grateful for that. Some people make all these huge plans to do with their best friend, fuck that. I can take grocery shopping with you and still have a blast with. 


It’s been two consecutive years since the last time we left our Merbok days, oh God, we both know how much that place has made us into person. I can’t put into words, but I’m so glad that our path actually crossed. And my never ending thank-yous for everything, literally everything. For putting up with my crankiness, emotional days, my hyper level that I just realised, no one could actually handle that. You have done so much that it could took me forever to list all the little things that I’m so grateful of you. This is not even close to exaggerating okay? I am so sorry for being a few phone-calls late and that time I couldn’t even finish your birthday song because... fuck why do I always get emotional over little things. 


Thank you, sayang! For there, for not stepping away from my life despite me being clingy after all these years. You have all my love, more than anyone else, you should know that better! You should be glad that you don’t need to share that since I don’t have anybody else to pour all my love to... I am that pathetic. I know, I know I often say this but here’s to more years with you... and to our future. I honestly want you to be there, one day when both of us can finally afford to buy our house in the same neighbourhood... so I don’t have to cook and eat at your place (because I’m just that lazy). To days when we can spend our evenings together and late night deep conversations we have to catch up on. 


Maybe in 5 years from now, we can get an apartment together, and on your 27th birthday, we will spend the night watching your favourite movie and order-in our extra pepperoni thin crust pizza or maybe later you decide you want spicy chicken McDeluxe, because you are just that hungry-all-the-time demon possessed old lady. I will bake you chocolate brownies so we could have something to put a candle on... not realising we burnt it in the oven because we both are a total clutz so forget about that. In 5 years, 10 years, how many years ahead, I promise to be there on your birthday to write you things about how wonderful a Lily is. 


Stay, until then.